Helloooow lovely readers of my blog!
Today I will walk you through the evolution of my hair, what I do to keep it healthy and I will share some tips & tricks for when you’re going to the hairdresser.
I will also reveal my natural haircolour. Sounds exciting right? (it’s without a doubt the most boring colour in the history of colours but whatever.)
The first time I ever coloured my hair I went with a light brown and I got bangs. No risks.
After that things escalated quickly.
2. Black pixie cut
4. Darker shades
6. Red (kind of)
So, the moment has arrived. My natural hair colour. It’s been years since I’ve seen it and I think it’s an okay colour but it’s so plain and normal. And plain and normal isn’t really my thing.
So here we go: 1,2,3…….. NATURAL!
I was 15 here so that’s why I look like a baby 😉
9. What do I do to keep my hair healthy?
With all the chemicals it’s not easy to keep my hair healthy.
So this is what I do:
I wash my hair every other day with shampoo and conditioner. Two times a week I also use a hairmask.
Coconut oil is also super important to keep my hair healthy. Every once in a while I go to sleep with my hair covered in coconut oil so it can really soak in. It’s best to put a towel on your pillow because it’s greasy, like extremely greasy.
I’ve also been using the keratin hair treatment by Kruidvat and I also use protective oils when I blow dry or straighten my hair.
I also try to avoid blow drying and straightening my hair because it really dries out your ends.
10. Tips and tricks for when you’re going to the hairdresser.
- Always come prepared: bring some pictures of what you like so you can discuss what’s possible with your hairdresser.
- Prepare yourself mentally to spend some money. When you dont want to leave with a horrible hairdo, make sure you go to a hairdresser you trust who has a good reputation.
- Make sure you get a haircut that you can style yourself. It’ amazing when you leave the salon feeling all fabulous but you have to make sure you can make yourself look presentable in the morning. So if you’re not great with hair, don’t get anything too complicated.
- Take risks but don’t go overboard. If you’re new to doing crazy things with your hair, start small. Get an ombre or some highlights so you can get a first idea of what you would look like with a different hair colour.
- Hairdressers are amazing but they’re not wizards. If you’re hair is black, you can’t expect them to change your hair to bright blonde in one sitting without completely ruining your hair. So just gradually go lighter.
I always want to do an honourable mention to Hair By Figaro in Waasmunster. The salon that’s responsable for almost all of my looks through the years. Thanks guys, you’re amazing!
I think this is about it. Let me know what you think and tell me what colour you like best on my because I really have no idea. :p
Thanks for reading and see you later alligator!
Princess on sneakers